Tuesday 10 September 2013

Pineapple Salsa


This week, I had a bit of a conundrum. I made a crazy delicious, crazy easy taco - but a key component was pineapple salsa. Confession: I'm not a huge fan of the texture of pineapple. It's stringy and crunchy, but also gooey and slippery. It's like, make up your mind pineapple, am I right? As such, I didn't feel like making a salsa with chunks of pineapple in it.

Instead, I created a blended pineapple salsa that turned out pretty great if I do say so myself. So great, in fact, that I felt it deserved its own post. So I must beg your indulgence, all two dear readers - make this salsa now and get it ready to throw on the taco I've got coming your way next week.



Pineapple Salsa Recipe

Serves: 3 cups                          Prep Time: 10 min

5 pineapple rounds
1 jalapeno
2 cloves garlic
1/2 white onion
1/2 cup cilantro
1 tbsp kosher salt

Pre-heat oven to broil. Cut the jalapeno in half. Place jalapeno and pineapple on a lined baking tray (aluminum foil would work best) and place in oven. Cook for 5 min or until pineapple and jalapeno just start to blacken on top. Remove from oven and roughly chop the pineapple. Place pineapple and jalapeno in blender. 

Roughly chop garlic, onion and cilantro. Add to blender and blend until smooth. Let cool and serve with whatever delicious taco concoction you have in mind!



No comments:

Post a Comment